Thursday, March 25, 2010

SPRING.Birthdays.Olympics.Family.Vegas.FUN!

Ahh, it's finally spring in Seattle! There is so much to be thankful for as we approach this new season. One, being time to actually STOP and document what has been happening. Not to mention the lighter days- oh how I love the daylight! 2 kiddos and a busy couple of months has kept me from blogging! So here's a little whirlwind of what we've been up in the last few months. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST! To highlight, we hosted a Sharp Family reunion, went to the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, celebrated many fun birthdays (Gavin, Grandma Vicki, Grandma Sandee, Grandpa Frank and MIA), spent time getting to know some new families in our small group and even escaped to Las Vegas sans kids! Not to mention lots of family time at home just hangin family style. We love being a family of 4!


In February we hosted a little Sharp family reunion at our house! We had a houseful of guests and it was SO much fun. I loved seeing all the cousins together!

From left, Mia, Hayden, Sadie, Gavin, Korbin and Clara

Another picture, Mia having a classic pouty face.
What a blast to have all the Sharps at our house for 4 whole days! We celebrated Gavin (1) Mia (3) and Grandma's (young) birthdays.

Another highlight was our trip up to Vancouver to attend the 2010 Olympics! It was a LONG day of travel but a ton of fun! And the luge is way more impressive in person than I could ever have guessed.... thanks to Larry for planning and coordinating a perfect day of activities and travel, and grandma and Teri for watching ALL 7 kids while the rest of us played!

Trev and I standing in front of the luge track. Gotta give some lovin' to my 1990's ski jacket that I've had for over 10 years. YEAH!

At Whistler Village

A funny moment at home. Mia got into the "band-aids" and told me she was very sick in bed. Ha! This girl keeps us on our toes!


Another fun event... Mia's 3rd birthday party, mermaid style! With her 5 favorite girlfriends: Madelyn, Finley, Kylia, Olive and Emma.
My mom, sister and I had a blast decorating!

The decorations

 Mermaid Mia herself (guess how old she is)

Digging for treasures!All the little girls eating their cupcakes!
From bottom left, clockwise: Madelyn, Olive, Kylia, Finley, Emma and Mia

Fun birthday sparkler... whoops, mommy didn't think about the fact that you can't "blow" out a sparkler. She still liked it though!

Emma and Mia having a fun playdate



Although it seems the last few months have been full of activities, it's really the fact that 2 kids is WAY busier than before and the "normal" amount of busyness just feels way busier! THUS I am learning the secret (and challenge) of just BEING at home with my girls.

Here some precious morning time with both girls happy and smiling (love that!)


More precious sister time

Now that Clara is getting more active and "grabby" I can see a glimpse into the struggles of the future... Mia will have to work hard to learn patience as her sister takes over her toys! I am definitely going to need wisdom from the Lord to learn how to deal with their sister disputes! But for now, I am loving this phase of one toddler and one "sitting" only baby. Speaking of sitting, Clara just started sitting on her own this past week! 6 1/2 months. I'm not sure she'll ever crawl... she despises her stomach. We'll see!

Not the clearest picture, but I love the look on Clara's face as she watches Mia dance around in front of her.

We have been enjoying the warm spring weather in Seattle! We love getting out to the park at least once per day to let Mia get her wiggles out.


Mia and Madelyn truly are best of friends! They adore each other.

Finally, Trevor surprised me with an early 30th birthday present by flying us to Vegas for the weekend! He even flew grandma Vicki out to watch the girls. It was such a treat! I didn't know where we were going until we got to the security checkpoint at the airport and he handed me my ticket. Then, when on the plane he gave me a "packet" he had put together with all the activities he had planned for us. My man is such a romantic! He did such a fantastic job planning this trip for us and I love and admire his creativity. We had a blast together and enjoyed some much needed couple time. Hopefully more of that this year!

Holding my packet of "info" on our planned activites in Vegas! So fun.
Out to dinner at Le Cirque at Bellagio

Love sittin' by the pool, our favorite pasttime.

And now... in less than 2 weeks we head off for a fun family vacation in Maui with the Muljat clan! We're excited to get us some SUN, SUN, SUN!
Happy SPRING to you!

No comments: