"The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17
What do you delight in? What gives you absolute pleasure? A number of things come to mind as possible answers. Kids, friends, vacation. Shopping, a Coldplay concert. A chocolate sundae with caramel sauce and whipped cream. Ok, I digress. But seriously. What brings you absolute delight? Did you know that God delights in YOU... simply because you're you? Because you bear His image and He made you. Regardless of the choices you make, the mistakes you've made, the monotonous job you think you have. God DELIGHTS in you. And me. God is reminding me of this day in and day out as I am at home with my girls. As I delight in THEM... Clara's giggles, Mia's funny stories and faces. Mia learning to count, to rhyme, watching the look on her face as she constructs a beautiful painting. It makes me so proud to be her mommy! God delights in me in this same way, as I navigate my life. As I have experiences, both joyful and sorrowful. For some reason this is a difficult truth to grasp, especially as a woman who has experienced the pain of "failed" human love. Haven't we all? And the temptation is to think that that is all love is. Good intention, but not quite enough to sustain me.
But I take great comfort in knowing that God knows love, that he IS pure love. And although We fail to love, ourselves and each other... He never does. And so I am called to trust Him more. And what would our lives look like if we truly believed this for ourselves... and treated each other as God's children in whom he delights?
Speaking of delight, I love this little face.




Despite some sleeping challenges with Mia, I have really enjoyed the girls this month. Mia is a singing machine, learning her shapes and really getting the hang of counting! She LOVES to learn and also loves to read the bible. It is so fun to hear her interpret God's word in her little mind. Sometimes she says things which really shock me because they are very theologically sound. I find myself praying for her a lot, because on countless occasions I do not now how to deal with her. She seems to be a 15 year old stuck in a 3 year old body. She pushes my patience a lot, but the plus side of this is that I am learning patience to the nth degree!
She loves her baths... playing "mermaids and sharks!"
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17
What do you delight in? What gives you absolute pleasure? A number of things come to mind as possible answers. Kids, friends, vacation. Shopping, a Coldplay concert. A chocolate sundae with caramel sauce and whipped cream. Ok, I digress. But seriously. What brings you absolute delight? Did you know that God delights in YOU... simply because you're you? Because you bear His image and He made you. Regardless of the choices you make, the mistakes you've made, the monotonous job you think you have. God DELIGHTS in you. And me. God is reminding me of this day in and day out as I am at home with my girls. As I delight in THEM... Clara's giggles, Mia's funny stories and faces. Mia learning to count, to rhyme, watching the look on her face as she constructs a beautiful painting. It makes me so proud to be her mommy! God delights in me in this same way, as I navigate my life. As I have experiences, both joyful and sorrowful. For some reason this is a difficult truth to grasp, especially as a woman who has experienced the pain of "failed" human love. Haven't we all? And the temptation is to think that that is all love is. Good intention, but not quite enough to sustain me.
But I take great comfort in knowing that God knows love, that he IS pure love. And although We fail to love, ourselves and each other... He never does. And so I am called to trust Him more. And what would our lives look like if we truly believed this for ourselves... and treated each other as God's children in whom he delights?
Speaking of delight, I love this little face.
Despite some sleeping challenges with Mia, I have really enjoyed the girls this month. Mia is a singing machine, learning her shapes and really getting the hang of counting! She LOVES to learn and also loves to read the bible. It is so fun to hear her interpret God's word in her little mind. Sometimes she says things which really shock me because they are very theologically sound. I find myself praying for her a lot, because on countless occasions I do not now how to deal with her. She seems to be a 15 year old stuck in a 3 year old body. She pushes my patience a lot, but the plus side of this is that I am learning patience to the nth degree!
She loves her baths... playing "mermaids and sharks!"
And Clara, sweet Clara. I am enjoying her angelic little face and demeanor so much. She is starting to show such a fun personality. She giggles, shrieks, and cries when Mia yells at her too loud. Her favorite game is when I blow on her belly. I think she will certainly be social like her sister, but also shows a sensitive side. She is rolling a bit, and grabbing EVERYTHING. She is starting to stare at our food, too, so I think solids will be coming shortly! She's not as quick as her sister on the crawling movements... which I'm A OK with. She is perfectly happy to be toted around on my hip all day. I love it.
Here, looking SO much like Trevor and in her jumperoo! She can sit in this thing for hours.
A common site at our house... Mia "reading" to Clara. And Clara actually listening.
Her hair reminds us of a new baby bird... soft and fuzzy.
May you know how much God delights in you today!
2 comments:
a wonderful blog - Lindsey, you have very creative writing skills -so nicely done.
Hi,
I found your blog through Amber's. Your message lifted my spirits today. And your pictures made me smile. Thank you.
Jessica
Post a Comment