Over the past few weeks I am getting the feeling that the next decade of my life will be big in many ways. In a God way. First of all, it's the end of my 20's. Yes, I will turn 30 (ouch!) in April. The beginnings of wrinkles on my face and proof on my abdomen that I have born 2 children bear my testimony as an aged woman. Well maybe not "aged," but rather "coming into maturity." And here I am blogging at 11pm on New Year's Eve. Hah! A lot has changed in the past 10 years... In the past 10 years Trevor and I have graduated college, (me twice), we had our first meeting at a Seattle health club in 2001! Trevor has had 2 different jobs in the field of investment consulting and become a partner at his current firm, I got a job as an RN, we were married, moved 3x (as a couple), had 2 children, been members of our current church for 5 years now. We have participated in young children's ministry, high school ministry, been a part of several different groups and bible studies through our church, and met many loyal and wonderful friends which we call our community. More than anything, over the last 10 years we have experienced many abrupt changes and growing pains. Of learning the ins and outs of marriage, of friendship, or forgiveness, of living and loving those around us, including the person God has made each of us. Phew. I do hope the next 10 years will be less about change and more bout living into what has already changed. But we'll see!
Secondly, a series of life awakenings and changes in Trevor and I's lives over the past year is surfacing NOW and causing us to look differently at life in the new decade. I will not bore you with the details but we both feel as if the turning of the century is the most symbolic change, in what we hope will be a NEW decade of living our lives out for God; allowing the Lord to soften our hearts toward Him in a bigger way than ever before. Living less out of self-sufficiency and more out of God-sufficiency.
Tonight we meditated on this proverb (from the MSG):
Proverbs 4:20-27
"Dear friend, listen well to my words;
tune your ears to my voice.
Keep my message in plain view at all times.
Concentrate! Learn it by heart!
Those who discover these words live, really live;
body and soul, they're bursting with health.
Keep vigilant watch over your heart;
that's where life starts.
Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth;
avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip.
Keep your eyes straight ahead;
ignore all sideshow distractions.
Watch your step,
and the road will stretch out smooth before you.
Look neither right nor left,
leave evil in the dust."
May you find JESUS in the center of your life as 2010 begins.
1 comment:
That's SO good! Thanks for sharing...
Post a Comment