Sunday, April 12, 2009

March MADness



Well of course a few days after I wrote the last posting we started a "new" phase of the 2's with Mia.  It figures.  Say something nice about your kid, and then they go and bring you to your knees again.  This has always been the case with our Mia! I guess the #1 thing I have learned being a parent is that circumstances always change, so ENJOY the good while you have it and take a deep breath when a new phase comes.   I naively thought we had already experienced the "2's"- I will never make such a definitive statement again!  Back to the drawing board.... lots of prayer and deep breaths to deal with this little ball of sugar and spice.   My main prayer right now is that baby #2 will have a mellow temperment... not sure I could handle two of our precious Mia.  My sister-in-law pointed out today that "God never gives you more than you can handle...."  to which I replied, "Well, God sure has a lot of confidence in our ability to handle miss Mia!"

At the end of March we enjoyed a last minute trip to Maui with my mom, sister and then later, my dad.  I love Maui! We are so lucky we get to travel there. It started out a little rough, as Mia came down with a double ear infection a few days after we got there, and didn't fully recover until about 4 days before we left.  Nevertheless, the warm sun was a welcome relief from the COLD winter we have had in Seattle this season!   Although she was very fussy for the first part of the trip, Mia had a lot of fun learning to swim, play soccer, chasing geckos, and getting some precious time with grandma, auntie and grandpa!



One of her favorite activities.... throwing rocks and pennies in the fountain.
Posing as a hula girl
Fun in the sand pit
Hello Mr. Turtle (at the Aquarium)
Mia trying to make friends with the big kids at the pool.  Luckily she's not old enough to experience rejection (they weren't too interested in her, just her toys).
A little break from the sun with some hits on the iPod
Learning to swim!  With floaty suit and water wings:)



Align Center
Crazy energy at sunset
Phoning daddy

Trying to make another friend....


Braving the ocean with auntie...
Learning to kick a soccer ball!
Hanging like a monkey





Trying to visit the scary Easter bunny at the mall in Kahului.
Swim goggles!  Is this how they go?



Before we left for Hawaii we had a fun visit from Melissa and Logan, some friends of ours who recently moved to N. Carolina.  Mia and Logan had a ball seeing each other!

And now.... back to spring in Seattle!  One of my favorite times of year.  Cherry blossoms, longer days, SUN (hopefully). Let's hope "spring showers" don't drown us too much this year....

No comments: