As usual, life withe Mia at "2" is BUSY yet oh so rewarding. Today so many things in our world are so uncertain... economic crisis, friends all around without jobs, friends losing homes, health crisis, etc. I feel so fortunate and blessed to be home with our little person who brings me infinite joy and fulfillment all (well most of) the day through.
So today, I have been reflecting on the joys and security of being home with a toddler.
1. They always want to spend time with you. Mia will do anything to get our attention, to share a moment with us. Last night, Mia awoke with a runny nose and cried out to us. While Trevor was rubbing her tummy to soothe her she said, "Mommy and daddy are ALWAYS with me." Our little philosopher!
2. They enjoy the simple things in life. It really doesn't take much effort or money to fascinate a toddler. Recently we have built "jumping pits" out of our couch pillows, made forts with old sheets, looked for worms in the garden, all for hours of laughs and fun.
3. They say the sweetest things. This morning while I was frying an egg Mia looked up from her coloring and said, "Mommy! That smells good!" A simple gesture of appreciation that totally melted me!
4. They are full of love, almost all of the time. Recently Mia has been really into showing affection, especially when someone is sad, or upset. She will also randomly come to me or Trevor and said, "Ahhhh, give me a hug!" "And a kiss!" She has the sweetest little kiss and gives a mighty strong hug.
It is these things that keep me going, even when I feel I have been stretched to the edge! Today I am SO thankful for this little person that occupies our house with us. She is a true blessing and gift, and teaches me so much about how to live my life.
Today, may you enjoy the simple things in life!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! It is good to reflect on those sweet moments, fun faces,etc. Especially in times of frustration! those things keep me going :)
I can't wait to get one of those Mia hugs :)
Post a Comment