Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm 2!

Well the past week or so has represented a complete change in Mia's behavior! I all of a sudden have a 2 year old on my hands. NO! NO! No mommy! (Head shaking included). I have to laugh, as isn't this the stage all parents dread? No longer can I hold Mia's bottle for her, or snuggle her in my lap, or dress her without a battle. Playing with "friends" has gotten a bit more challenging too. She now has ownership over all of these things and demands that you comply! It's so funny how the "challenges" of parenthood come in stages... God really knew what he was doing! You have this innocent little baby that coos and smiles at you, is completely dependent on you... then slowly and SURELY the child demands his independence back. There are so many humbling lessons in this entire process.

This video was taken a few weeks ago and represents the seg-way into her "2's.... and also a lesson for me on not "pushing" Jesus until she's ready! I have been talking to her about Jesus and how he lives in our hearts.... simple prayers and such. She had been very interested and an eager learner up until this video!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Such a cute video! Hannah will be 2 this Sunday and she sounds a lot like that. "No!" to most things!