All of these things are simple, everyday tasks- yet when I think that each event, each conversation, each conflict.... is an opportunity given to me to mold and influence my child's outlook and perspective on God and life.... now that is intense! What an immense priviledge. Thank goodness I rely on the one and only God who supplies me with the strength and wisdom I need to get through each day, to teach and encourage my child. To God be the glory!
These past few weeks I have not been working outside the home and have truly been enjoying my time with Mia.... she is developing into quite a little character. I am so intrigued to hear some of the things going through her head. Some of the phrases I hear lately are, "excuse me mommy (when she's trying to get by me, on her way to feed some tea and cookies to her animals), "right there!' (when she's referring to something important), rocking and singing "jesus, loves me" when in her crib at night.
I have also noticed that she has quite a good little memory. Last week after we got in the car with grandpa to head to the store Mia said... "Get.... ice cream." followed by "piece of choc-o-late." Grandma and grandpa- busted! Mia can now tattle-tale. Oh well, that is what grandmas and grandpas are for! Now we ALL have to be a little more careful, I guess. During our bedtime routine I ask Mia if she would like to pray for anyone in particular... she often has a few particular friends on her mind and says these aloud (recently "Auntie Lesha, Kylia, Maddie-Mae, Finley, Baby Bauer and Baby Maia). When the phone rings she is the first one to say, "Who's that?" All of these little "tidpits" are so encouraging to me, allowing me to begin to comprehend how her brain is working and the particular things she is tuned into.
Enough writing, here are some pics!
Mia says, "Look, that!"
An interesting way to eat the popsicle....
upside down and with your finger?

The original "horse club"- longtime friends from childhood gather after
4th of July weekend in Bellingham
Riding the swirly tea cup at the park
3 comments:
Cute, guys! That must be really nice for a change to have some more hang-time with Mia! You always take such great photos. :)
What a great post about mommy-hood. It's nice to have a reminder about how important (and BUSY) our job is.
I memed you. See my blog for details.
Post a Comment