It is hard to believe that Mia's very first Christmas has come and gone. I remember being pregnant, last Christmas, and wondering how different the holiday would be this year. Different it was! More pictures snapped... more smiles.... less of a "material" focus as we found ourselves thinking more about what would be fun "for Mia", and mostly, more excitment... as we tried to imagine Christmas through the eyes of our child!Here below are a few more shots of Mia in her Christmas dress and in front of our tree at home. I am glad I took them before we left for our trip to Philadelphia, as she didn't even wear the dress on Christmas Day!
An early Christmas gift, her walker
Still making the silly scrunchy face.

We spent a week over the Christmas Holiday in Philadelphia with Trevor's family. It was an amazing trip with family! We were able to relax and unwind a bit, and enjoy some good family time. Mia was not deprived of attention, that's for sure. With 3 aunties (Tammy, Trudy & Elizabeth) and both grandma and grandpa Sharp there, she was in for a treat! In fact now I am paying for all that first class attention, since "mommy" is not nearly exciting as all those other people combined.
We arrived very early in the morning on Christmas eve and spent most of that day resting and adjusting to the time change. Then Christmas morning we all gathered round and opened stockings. Mia was enthralled with her new toys. It was quite funny to watch her try to capture all that was going on around her; eyes darting back and forth between bright wrapping paper, boisterous conversation and the flash of the camera on her little face. Over-stimulation for sure, but she wasn't going to miss a second of it.
I really DO love Santa!
Curious about what's inside

With Grandpa Larry

I'm so excited I think I might just WALK.
Actually, Mia did take 4-5 steps towards several people on Christmas Day and is getting very close to walking!

Mommy is tickling me AGAIN.
Now seriously mom, that is the 100th picture you've taken today! And I'm still in my PJ's!
A few days after Christmas we headed to Lancaster County where I witnessed "The Shady Maple." The Shady Maple is unlike anything you have ever seen. It is a HUGE all you can eat resaurant/gift shop/hubbub where people go to experience quality Mennonite home-cookin'.
Trudy and Mia in the parking lot (also HUGE) of Shady Maple.

Driving through Amish country, before hitting up the Miracle of Christmas, a musical production in Lancaster.
With Grandma Vicki and Grandpa Larry outside their home
A snapshot with Auntie Tammy (and clutching one of her new favorite toys)
in Grandma's kitchen
More fun in the kitchen! Some of the best toys anywhere are found in the kitchen. :)
We were sad to leave Philly but had a wonderful trip!
There are additional photos on the slideshow pictured on the right upper side of the blog. If you click on it you can see the pictures in a larger window.
Cheers and Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Great pictures! I especially like the 10th one from the top. Mia looks like she had a wonderful Christmas.
Post a Comment