Sunday, November 11, 2007

Trick or Treat?

Well I was really looking forward to Halloween this year... since we are living in a house in a neighborhood with tons of kids... we thought we'd get lots of trick or treaters! The bowl of candy was overflowing with Reese's and Skittles... any kid (or adults') delight. Trevor, Mia and I all sat dressed up in our costumes waiting by the door. Well not really, but Mia was dressed up. Apparently in today's stranger-wary society, parents only take their kids to businesses or homes where they know the occupants. I guess I understand. When Mia is old enough to trick or treat, I'll probably do the same thing! All that to say, we had only 2 groups of trick or treaters, and a whole bowl of candy left for ourselves.
Our little ladybug
Ladybug Mia and little punkin' Madelyn
Mia is becoming quite a hoot these days... she loves playing games and we are starting to see her adrenalin seeking behaviors emerge (she had no chance escaping that trait).
Flying through the air... peek a boo... I'm gonna get you... you name it, she loves it.
She continues to be fairly non-discriminating when it comes to meal time... something I appreciate! Cheerios remain the hands down favorite snack. Man, what is it about those cheerios? The only trouble with all this food-fun is that much of it ends up on her lap or the floor. I think we may need a dog for meal clean-up purposes.
Good times in the stroller A week ago last Saturday we had our first trip to the ER in the middle of the night... Mia had a high fever, a horrible cough and was having a hard time breathing. She was diagnosed with croup. Luckily it wasn't a severe case, but it definitely took the wind out of all of our sails. She is finally feeling better this weekend.
Here she is getting some TLC from daddy

Big smiles. Definitely feeling better.Still loving bath time.


1 comment:

just the four of us said...

Fun new pictures! Looks like you guys are doing really well. :)