Sunday, September 9, 2007

She doesn't miss a beat

Baby in a basket


As I was perusing the Old Nay baby sale this weekend, I saw a cute onesie titled "I don't miss a beat." How true of our Mia! This girl truly doesn't miss a thing. Even while trying to wind down for her naps, she will spot a shadow on the wall or hear a voice from outside and pop! Her eyes bug out and her head pops up and the wind down process must start anew. Sound machines and dark shades only do so much for our super alert baby! On a few occasions Trevor and I have made the mistake of going to check in on Mia during a nap and the slight creeeaakk of the door causes her little head to pop up out of her slumber. Darn it!


Mia is crawling (very fast) now and starting to get into trouble. She won't lie still on the changer anymore either. The life that surrounds her is just too fun and enticing! Just this morning our little curious and very mobile bug learned how to stand in her crib. Yikes! Better lower that crib rail. I just hope she doesn't start rattling the crib in the middle of the night as my mother says I did. Slow down, girl!


Loves her night-night bunny that grammy Sandee gave her


We spent labor day weekand at my parents house. Mia got her first dose of cold Lake Whatcom water and didn't even mind it! She LOVES the water. Those little arms and legs just can't flap and kick fast enough with excitement. Mia also got to meet some of her second cousins!
Every place we visit is new and exciting to her as she can discover all kinds of things in nooks and crannies. Here below she found some old wine corks. She knows good wine already!


Some cuddly time with mommy






Mia is lucky to have such wonderful family members around who love her. She has spent a lot of time with auntie Alesha lately whom is VERY good at making her giggle.






Curious little bee crawling all around

Not sure whats up with the wrinkly face... a weekend or so ago Mia started wrinkling her nose and doing a silly snorty/laughing combo. I have NO clue where she picked that up!




In the mornings we like to walk up to Wallingford Park and visit the swings. Mia loves the swing and also watching all the other little kids on the playground.

No comments: