Saturday, September 26, 2009

A new season begins...


"He has made everything beautiful in its' time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

Fall is here! And with this new season of weather and events comes a new season in life for the Sharp family. Getting to know our newest family member and adjusting to our family of 4; preschool and gymnastics lessons for Mia; Trevor's end of year busyness at work, and me, learning to be a mother to both a busy toddler and my newest babe. Whew. It is busy!

But we are so blessed. With friends, family, church, a home, jobs, health and so many other things. Today although I find myself overwhelmed at times, I have also found a deeper source of strength. At this stage of life family life can feel so demanding, but the rewards are priceless and enduring. God is teaching me the beauty and gift of mothering and I am learning how He is equipping me for this privilege and task, day by day. Through my attempts to balance my life as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and woman of God in these past months I have had to spend more time getting to know our Creator. There have been so many moments when I did not feel I could be all of those titles. Thankfully, God calls me first and foremost to be His Child, His Daughter... and HE directs my path from there.
This has been a profound and calming truth to guide me in these past weeks!

So I look upon this new season with much anticipation and joy! Anticipation for what God will bring our family through this next year... and JOY for what has already transpired.

We have had the joy of having Trevor's mom, dad and sister out for visits over these past few weeks! It has been a huge help and joy to spend time with all of them.

Grandma Vicki, on our front steps, with Clara and Mia.

Fun crafts, and cooking with Grandma Vicki! She thinks of such fun activities to do with Mia!
Trev and I finally getting a date night to celebrate our 5 year anniversary... with Clara! She was an angel and didn't make a peep.

On our night out we bumped into Kurt and Michelle, also on a date! We love you guys!

Mia starting preschool at Nanny's... so far she LOVES it and even got to go on a pony ride last week during preschool!


And... fun gymnastics lessons at SGA! Mia tends to be the "leader" and LOVES every part of it.
Trying to figure out how to walk backwards, although all the other kids have moved on and are marching to the next station.
Running down the tumble track...
Fun times with Auntie Trudy! At the zoo and park...

Trudy, Mia, Clara and I all took a ride on the carousel at the zoo.
It is definitely a favorite of Mia's.
These siamangs were LOUD at the zoo!
BEAUTIFUL sunset at Discovery Park where we enjoyed take out with Trudy a few nights ago.

Fun friend Kylia came to play last week too!

An interesting comparison.... here is Clara at 3 weeks...

Mia at 4 weeks!

Clara at 3 weeks...

Mia at 4 weeks... they are similar but definitely have their own features!

Clara looking wide eyed and ready to go. She is super alert but still very mellow and sweet!
Thanks for continuing to keep up with us!
May you enjoy and embrace this new season of fall and all that it brings...
Peace and love!
SHARPS


3 comments:

Debbie said...

I just LOVE the family picture. So glad that Larry and Vicki and Trudy got out to see you. Enjoy your girls!

HouseLewisFamily said...

I love your new family picture! Such a beautiful family!

Megs said...

Lindsey, so beautifully written... You're such an incredible woman with such a gorgeous family!