(Mia, pretending to have a baby growing in her tummy)
It is funny to hear your own words through the mouth of your toddler.
I have been talking a lot about having a good attitude and "happy heart" (thanks, Teri) with Mia A LOT these last few weeks and months. On the one hand her ability to be a "helper" has really improved a ton over the past few months.... on the other hand, her attitude and fiesty spirit has also taken on a life of it's own. It ebbs and flows.
Anyway, the point of this being something rather humorous. Today Mia and I waited for Trevor to return from work so we could all go out for pizza. Trevor and I keep reminding ourselves we may not have many nights left just the 3 of us! For many reasons, I was quite grumpy when we all drove to the restaurant. Trevor was almost an hour late.... Mia did not nap well today... our car is totaled from a hit and run. It is hot... I am still pregnant and feeling, well sort of handicapped.
I was not having a happy heart, and Mia called me on it.
"Mommy, what's wrong? Are you having a happy heart?" I was caught off guard a bit in the car and kept my serious, grumpy face. Then again, "Mommy, are you listening to me? Do you need a good attitude?" This time I couldn't help but laugh. My toddler is calling me out on my bad attitude. I did need an attitude check. Thank goodness for that! Sometimes the things you want to point out so badly in others are the exact things you need to work on!
Can't believe it's the last week in August already. Our next little babe should be here soon! I am having lots of contractions but no baby yet. Trevor and I are convinced she is waiting till we pick a name since we are so undecided about that! I am hoping she comes this weekend, but the Lord only knows His perfect timing. Hopefully next time I post will be pictures with her!
Love and Hugs to all our Friends and Family!
It is funny to hear your own words through the mouth of your toddler.
I have been talking a lot about having a good attitude and "happy heart" (thanks, Teri) with Mia A LOT these last few weeks and months. On the one hand her ability to be a "helper" has really improved a ton over the past few months.... on the other hand, her attitude and fiesty spirit has also taken on a life of it's own. It ebbs and flows.
Anyway, the point of this being something rather humorous. Today Mia and I waited for Trevor to return from work so we could all go out for pizza. Trevor and I keep reminding ourselves we may not have many nights left just the 3 of us! For many reasons, I was quite grumpy when we all drove to the restaurant. Trevor was almost an hour late.... Mia did not nap well today... our car is totaled from a hit and run. It is hot... I am still pregnant and feeling, well sort of handicapped.
I was not having a happy heart, and Mia called me on it.
"Mommy, what's wrong? Are you having a happy heart?" I was caught off guard a bit in the car and kept my serious, grumpy face. Then again, "Mommy, are you listening to me? Do you need a good attitude?" This time I couldn't help but laugh. My toddler is calling me out on my bad attitude. I did need an attitude check. Thank goodness for that! Sometimes the things you want to point out so badly in others are the exact things you need to work on!
Can't believe it's the last week in August already. Our next little babe should be here soon! I am having lots of contractions but no baby yet. Trevor and I are convinced she is waiting till we pick a name since we are so undecided about that! I am hoping she comes this weekend, but the Lord only knows His perfect timing. Hopefully next time I post will be pictures with her!
Love and Hugs to all our Friends and Family!
3 comments:
Well pick a name, for Pete's sake!!!
Oh my gosh, that is awesome! Love it when they teach us what we teach them. :) Thanks for sharing!
I absolutely love the baby's name - and she is so pretty. Have a good sleep tonight.
Aunt Deb
Post a Comment