Sunday, February 22, 2009

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays!

Mia is 2!

The much anticipated day came, and left. And now I am stunned as I consider the reality that my precious baby is a big toddler, who will be a big sister in 6 months! Although she is quickly leaving her babyhood behind and embracing new-found independence, I am thankful for unexpected snuggles and little things she retains that remind me she is still my baby! Actually, I think Mia snuggles more now than she did a few months ago! Although we still have tantrums and battles of the will, I do believe I am seeing some improvement in the way of "listening" to mommy and daddy. There is hope for getting through the 2's! Either that or I am just getting used to this parenting thing. I am amazed daily at the new words and phrases that she comes up with. Trevor and I often sit around and laugh at the funny things that come out of her mouth. It is easy entertainment for sure!

Top activities right now: Playing with babies, animals, outside,
making food in her play kitchen, dancing!
Current favorite book: Harold and the Purple Crayon
Favorite Song: Too many to count. She sings all the time!
Funny Mia quotes: "Nope!" "You can!" "I do!" "Can I hold that? Can I?" "Where'd my daddy go?" "I love you soooo much!"
Favorite people: Auntie, Grandma, ALL her cousins, daddy!

Here is the birthday girl looking quite thrilled to be 2 and having so
much fun at her birthday party.


The birthday cake! Chocolate (Mia's choice) with strawberry frosting and of course candies on top. Notice the gumbdrop missing at the bottom. Hmmmm, I wonder who got into that?

A new baby doll! What could be better?

All the wonderful family that came to help make Mia's day special.

We sang Happy Birthday 2x in honor of her 2 years. The smile on her face as we all sang was too precious! I was surprised she actually knew how to blow out her candles! I think this is largely because we have been to SO many birthday parties lately and we had really built up her big day.


A favorite gift.... a new baby buggy for her babies. She is such a mother figure these days.

With Cam, Marissa, Chloe and Bryce! Muljat cousins!



Over the past few weeks we have enjoyed hanging out with Justyn & Finley and visiting the Children's Museum downtown Seattle . Here is Finley getting domestic in the kitchen with her tutu on. Watch out boys! She even wears a bikini.

Mia is also really into animals these days. Thankfully our 2 cats, Belle and Sebastian are terribly tolerant of her "pets" which are anything but gentle right now. Here Mia is showing her dolly how to pet the kitty "gentle."


More mothering at work, this time with Elmo and "Elmo's mommy."


Snuggly time.

Helping celebrate daddy's 30th birthday with a surprise visit to his office!

Fun with Ryder at the Aquarium on his 3rd birthday!

With cousin Courtney on her 11th birthday! Wow, February is a busy birthday month!

Woops, got into mommy's lipstick and tried to apply it all over. Is this pretty mommy?


4 comments:

Sara T. said...

What a cutie! I love the photo of her bathing Elmo while mommy Elmo watches. It reminds me of our job "Giving your baby a bath is ok, but make sure to dry off the umbilical cord well so it doesn't get smelly".
Take Care, Sara (from Ballard FCC)

Me... said...

Love all the pictures, I have been so slow at getting Logans birthday one up on our blog.
Looks like her birthday was a blast of fun! she is always looking so happy :)
Love you and am thinking of you often...

Finley said...

I didn't know Elmo had a mommy - how very nice for him!!

I LOVE the picture of Mia on her glider with the baby dolly. That is so sweet. And of course, I also love the picture of Finley. I'll have to get a copy from you sometime.

Jennifer said...

The cake is so cute! It looks like she had a great birthday!