On February 21 we celebrated Mia's 1st birthday!
I am amazed when I think of all the changes that have taken place both in Mia, and Trevor and I, during this past year of life. God is a magnificent and extremely detailed creator! On Mia's 1st birthday Trevor and I found ourselves watching all the home videos we have taken over this past year. It was a great way to appreciate all the changes that we have gone through. It seems things happen so quickly in this first year of life... if you don't capture it in pictures and videos or a journal of some sort, the details can get lost in all the busyness.
As far as Mia's development goes, we have really noticed a big shift towards "independence" and the investigation/exploratory stage, aka toddlerhood! Mia is exploring EVERYTHING and is no longer content to sit in a stroller or anywhere for that matter. She would much prefer to be out walking, touching, tasting, observing. This was a tad frustrating at first... but I have since adjusted and made a mental "shift" in my mothering techniques. I am trying to relax and not worry about all those germs her little hands are touching.. and just enjoy her busy little body, as I know her brain is just trying to make sense of this big world we live in! It is actually quite fun to try to get inside her little noggin to think about what the world looks like to her, from her level. Her favorite things to point out are dogs, "birdies" and really anything outside. We have also been amazed by how quickly her vocabulary has developed in this last month. She says (or tries to say) mommy, daddy, birdie, doggy, bottle, milk, eat, dirt, plane, hot, wa-wa (water), bath, kitty, ga-ga (grandma), au-tie (auntie), Mahy-mae (her name for her friend Madelyn), and some others. Truly, she is trying to imitate every word we say and her pronounciation improves very quickly.
Her current favorite activities are playing outside in the dirt, climbing on things and reading books... the current favorites are "Ruby's Tea for Two,""Miss Spider's Tea Party," and "Where is My Mother?"
Here is a picture I took while Mia and I were playing across the street from our house
Toothy grin!
Mommy and Mia in the morning
Last weekend we spent the day at Troy and Heather's house on Camano Island, to celebrate my mom and dad's birthdays. Here is Mia with her 4 cousins
(From left: Cam, Bryce, Marissa, Mia, Chloe)

Our family

What better thing to do on the beach than bang sticks and rocks together?

Walking the beach with Papa... she LOVES the water.
Our family
What better thing to do on the beach than bang sticks and rocks together?
Walking the beach with Papa... she LOVES the water.
And... a little temper tantrum when told she can't play in the water
Play time with daddy! She loves "Where is My Mother" because of the "birdies" and will now bring the book to us, turn around and sit in our lap so we can read to her.
Tub time with friend Madelyn! Michelle and I couldn't resist.
here they are having some good laughs together.
Mia's name for grandma is "gah-gah"
1 comment:
Happy Belated Birthday Mia! I love your Birthday outfit!
Post a Comment